Thursday, January 17, 2013

Reading thru the Bible in a Year

Happy New Year!

Begining around the 2nd or 3rd of January (2013), I began my quest to once again read thru the Bible in a year.  As I have done before, I am using a Bible application written by a company called YouVersion.  My first association with the YouVersion team was using my Blackberry.  I have since graduated to an iPhone and use the same application on that device.  I feel certain this application is available for Android phones as well, but I'm not certain of this.  Among other things, this application provides several methods to enable one to read thru the Bible in a year.  The one I used before was named "Old Testament New Testament".  It would give you four or five Chapters to read per day.  After 365 days, you have read thru the entire Bible.  The one I chose this time is called "Professor Horner's Bible Reading System".  It's goal is to get you thru the Bible in around 9 months.  There are about 10 Chapters to read each day.

I thought that I would use this forum to share any thoughts that I might have from time to time.  They are just my thoughts.  They will NOT be done with lots of research or commentaries or Greek lexicons - just me sharing my reaction to a particular Bible passage.

That said, my hope and goal will always be that these thoughts bring increase to God and NOT my ability to share complete and wonderfully worded commentary.

I look forward to your sharing with me your thoughts and reactions as well.  You can use the "Share" button to do so.

For His Glory, Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment